Part Time— Immediate Employment
Bruce E. Brooks & Associates (center city, Philadelphia), a mechanical and electrical consulting engineering firm is now seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to join our team and assist the Business Manager in the day-to-day operations of the company. This is a long-term position requiring 2 days per week of time commitment to start. This position could grow for the right candidate with an interest in added business management responsibilities. Previous experience from someone who previously left the workplace and is now looking to ease back into a professional position would be welcome.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
- Process accounts payable including purchase orders, vendor accounts and reimbursable expenses
- Process payroll, withholding and benefits payments through outside payroll processing firm
- Process accounting entries
- Assist in end-of-month closing
- Manipulate data and prepare monthly reports
- Assist in employee setup and on-boarding of new hires
- Assist in preparing monthly invoices and collection of accounts receivable
- Maintain detailed records of accounting activities
- Provide administrative assistance to key management
- Duties as assigned
Potential Growth Path
- Primary processer of accounts receivable; Handle collections
- Interface with outside payroll processing firm, insurance brokers and carriers, employee benefits consultants, business licensing entities, and outside accountant
- Interface with project managers for project status tracking and billing related issues
- Full responsibility for end-of-month closing and preparing management reports
- Assist in annual budgeting
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience with various accounting and business software programs, especially Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat: Our firm currently uses Clearview InFocus accounting software.
- Comfort with a computerized environment, not limited to a few specific programs
- Highly organized and committed to accuracy
- Ability to work independently and give direction to others
- Architecture/engineering industry experience a plus
- Verifiable references
- Able to pass a drug and background check
- Comfortable, discreet and trustworthy talking with colleagues and clients about financial, HR, and other sensitive topics
- Not intimidated by learning the language of the consulting engineering business
About Your Manager
You will be working directly with one of the associates in the firm, an individual committed to your success.
Why Work for Bruce E. Brooks & Associates?
- Outstanding reputation in the region.
- Leadership team dedicated to your success.
To arrange for a confidential interview, email a cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience are a match with our needs, along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes submitted will be given the attention each deserves by the leadership team.
See our web site at www.brucebrooks.com.