Bruce E. Brooks & Associates (BBA) is a growing world-class mechanical and electrical consulting engineering firm in Center City Philadelphia. We are now seeking a full-time experienced mechanical engineer to join our team. The experienced mechanical engineer works under the supervision of an engineer to produce drawings of mechanical systems for new construction and renovations.
If you are passionate about design work with 7-15 years of experience, are skilled in Revit, can produce calculations, are familiar with codes, prioritize workloads, communicate clearly and like collaborative work, we want to talk with you.
Qualifications and Skills Required for the Position
- Is proficient in Revit and producing drawings
- Has general familiarity with codes, identify basic code issues/deficiencies.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
- Take professional responsibility for designs under your charge.
- Attend design and review meetings independently and resolve issues.
- Schedule own resources and participate in managing and scheduling group resources.
- Manage technical tasks to overall budget and schedule; flag add services.
- Perform code research and make interpretations as required, including interdisciplinary.
- Provide engineering “judgment”
- “Pull a job together.” Review full set of docs in relationship to each other (interdisciplinary) (A/E/S/C/LV/L/…).
- Ensure consistency and clarity. Recognize what is missing from the documents. Ensure continuity of design decisions with the documentation.
- Understand phasing and constructability and provide sufficient detail for contractors.
- Provide objective comparisons of alternate systems and equipment.
- Prepare a life-cycle cost analysis.
- Review and comment on cost estimates.
- Negotiate change orders.
- Mentor Level 2 & 3 senior designers and junior engineers.
- Maintain and cultivate client relationships.
Contact Us To arrange for a confidential interview, email a cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience are a match with our needs, along with your resume to: email@example.com. We will give your resume the attention it deserves by the leadership team.