Bruce E. Brooks & Associates (BBA) is a growing world-class mechanical and electrical consulting engineering firm in Center City Philadelphia. We are now seeking a full-time level II mechanical designer to join our team. The level II mechanical designer works under the supervision of an engineer to produce drawings of mechanical systems for new construction and renovations.
If you are passionate about design work with two to four years of experience, are skilled in Revit, can produce calculations, are familiar with codes, prioritize workloads, communicate clearly and like collaborative work, we want to talk with you.
Qualifications and Skills Required for the Position
- Is proficient in Revit and producing drawings
- Has general familiarity with codes, identify basic code issues/deficiencies.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply standardized criteria for system component sizing and routing.
- Take direction from an engineer and prepares documents for engineer review prior to issuing.
- Independently produce calculations using BBA standards.
- Lay out systems in three dimensions.
- Coordinate systems designs with other disciplines (i.e. architect, structural engineer, A/V).
- Document calculations and design decisions clearly and accurately.
- Keep record and communicates clearly: meeting minutes, field reports, submittal logs.
- Manage workload and set priorities for multiple projects.
These would be a plus
- Accurately record field conditions and translates to drawings.
- Perform simple submittal reviews for projects in construction.
- Translate existing conditions into schematic understanding of systems.
- Reconcile field conditions with design intent.
- Complete tasks independently with final approval by Engineer.
- Manage your own piece of the budget.
- Make complex calculations (i.e. energy. model, SKM, AGI lighting design).
- Make final equipment selections and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Visualize systems in three dimensions and communicate implications for others.
- Perform code review and basic interpretations.
Contact Us To arrange for a confidential interview, email a cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience are a match with our needs, along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will give your resume the attention it deserves by the leadership team.