Building Systems Consulting Mechanical Engineer
Bruce E. Brooks & Associates, an established and growing mechanical and electrical consulting engineering firm in Center City Philadelphia, is now seeking a mechanical project engineer with 2-4 years’ experience, or a mechanical designer with 4-6 years’ experience to join our team.
Successful candidates will engage in HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems design for conceptual design through construction services. HVAC design in particular will include sustainable systems and controls/sequences of operation. In addition to general design responsibilities, duties may include conditions assessments master planning, life cycle cost analysis, energy modeling, LEED documentation and multi-disciplinary coordination in CAD and Revit environments.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
- Design phase code analysis and research
- Report and letter writing, from Basis of Design to site visit reports
- Familiarity with calculation software such as HAP, Trace and Elite CHVAC and FP
- Familiarity with aspects of mechanical systems design
- Prepare load calculations and studies
- Layout systems based on calculations
- Coordinate with in-house electrical designers/engineers, utility providers, and with outside design professionals
- Coordinate with owners, which may include design review meetings
- Prepare project manual and project deliverables
- Provide initial quality control of product before submitting to the Lead Engineer for final review
- Support projects in bidding phase with pre-bid and other site visits as required as well as with addenda
- Support projects in construction phase with timely response to submittals, requests for information, and site visits
Potential Growth Path
- Senior project engineer with design responsibility for larger projects and design teams
- Project lead responsibility including primary client contact responsibility
- Potential for growth to leader of a group of engineers, including being responsible for/in charge of all work
- Eventual growth path to Associate and Principal for the right candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering is desired
- EIT certification and/or demonstration of intent to obtain EIT certification/ PE registration is preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Independent thinker willing to prioritize efforts and take ownership of design decisions
- Knowledge of building codes and standards
- Mechanical load calculations, plumbing distribution and systems design, fire protection calculations, and related contract documents and specification writing
- Multi-disciplinary coordination
- Software based load calculations and energy modeling of various system options
- Survey, conditions assessment, master planning, related conceptual systems and report writing
- AutoCAD MEP and Revit proficiency required. Familiarity with HAP, Trace and Elite FP desired
About Your Manager You will work directly with one of the associates in the firm, an individual committed to your success.
Why Work for Bruce E. Brooks & Associates?
- Outstanding reputation in the region.
- Leadership team dedicated to your success.
Contact Us To arrange for a confidential interview, email a cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience are a match with our needs, along with your resume to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes submitted will be given the attention each deserves by the leadership team.
See our web site at www.brucebrooks.com