Bruce E. Brooks & Associates (BBA) is a growing world-class mechanical and electrical consulting engineering firm in Center City Philadelphia. We are now seeking a full-time senior mechanical designer/junior engineer to join our team. The senior mechanical designer/junior engineer works under the supervision of an engineer to produce drawings of mechanical systems for new construction and renovations.
If you are passionate about design work with five to ten years of experience, are skilled in Revit, can produce calculations, are familiar with codes, prioritize workloads, communicate clearly and like collaborative work, we want to talk with you.
Qualifications and Skills Required for the Position
- Is proficient in Revit and producing drawings
- Has general familiarity with codes, identify basic code issues/deficiencies.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform tasks independently with final approval by engineer.
- Conceptualize system–see the bigger picture.
- Oversee drafting and preliminary design by Level 1 staff, including quality control (QC).
- Manage your own piece of the budget.
- Generate conditions assessment and feasibility study reports for review by engineer.
- Do more complex calculations (i.e. Energy Model, SKM, AGI lighting design).
- Independently generate clarifying sketches and answers to RFIs.
- Represent BBA unaccompanied at construction site walk-throughs and non-critical meetings.
- Make final equipment selections and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Do quality control for own work within discipline.
- Attend client design meetings and provide input into design decisions.
- Visualize systems in three dimensions and communicate implications for others.
- Create project punch-lists.
- Edit specifications.
- Perform code review and basic interpretations.
- Review scope of work portion of cost estimates and change orders.
Contact Us To arrange for a confidential interview, email a cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience are a match with our needs, along with your resume to: email@example.com. We will give your resume the attention it deserves by the leadership team.