The Church of the Redeemer, designed in the Gothic Revival style and constructed in 1881, is a Main Line landmark for the Episcopal Diocese. Subsequent improvements and expansion occurred over the next several decades.
More recently, the church undertook a complete restoration and redesign of the 9,000 square foot liturgical space and a 300 square foot addition to the nave. The project scope encompassed reconfiguration of the chancel; integration of new plumbing, electrical, lighting, and sound systems; accessibility improvements; new restrooms; restoration of interior finishes in the nave and ancillary spaces and of exterior masonry; and rehabilitation of the slate roofing, porte cochere and walkways. BBA provided MEP engineering services.
Design is currently underway for renovations and an addition to the Parish House.