Maria Hall, the former Adrien Cornell Farm manor house built in 1860, became the principal building for the newly-created Villa Joseph Marie School for Girls when purchased in 1932 by the Sisters of St. Casimir. Throughout the 20th century it served a variety of functions, becoming less occupied as the school expanded.
After being significantly damaged by fire in 2012, the historic (c.1860) building underwent a meticulous renovation and restoration. The project scope included a conditions assessment and design for replacement of MEP systems, as well as creation of administration offices, meeting and event space and service core facilities.
The Pennsylvania Historic and Museum Commission has determined the property to be eligible for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places.